2009年9月3日星期四

J@tch Chef's Life (Zoom~~~2008)





No more nasi lemak, no more kim chi ramen, no more char koey teow these days…had change the life to working life to US Burger MNC Comopany (Dxxl) after the Chinese new year.
Indeed, sudden change of working life from the job description of running here, running there to sitting concretely in a cubical was tuff in the beginning. Previously freelance as a cook in nasi lemak, kim chi ramen, and char koey teow tending on outside works and much freedom, now working in a cubical life was totally different compare to previous job. Now, its time for looking a consistence life based in Penang…


Before fully on board on an American Burger life, I was given the training on ‘how to make a tasty burger’. Firstly baked the bread in an oven, select fresh vegetable, meat, cheese, sauces to be added…wow, different in how was I am tought in cooking kim chi ramen, nasi lemak, char koey teow from my father. Life seems challenging, enthusiast in wondering how will I be when I firstly on board on American Burger life. When the time of training, I was punctual to work in 9, punctual go back at 5, sometimes go back earlier at 4 something still confused wanna back anot, until one day, my college says to me, ‘when u can go back earlier, fast fast go back earlier and enjoy ur life… …’ I was stunned in wonder Y? until I found the answer after the nightmare start… … … …

Remember the time I firstly on board, I was arranged sat at the back of my sales coach. i was working dumb and slow in learning, averagely hundreds of questions to my sales coach and I was very stim stim all the time. Beginning was always the hardest, and yet toughest. My customer is ordered filet o fish, I served big mag; customer wish to have orange juice, I punched apple juice; until 1 day Malays customer ordered beef I AH BAI AH BAI served pork, Malays committe (company with the Harimau Head 1) sued American Burger until the case now seems life haven’t end (luckily I was protected by my last leader (Fxxxxy), or it will become the real nightmare for me just started at work and caught by ISA with reason unknown)….=.=”. Working life in American burger restaurant was tuff, everyday work OT, working before sunrise, back when moon shines… I was depressed and planned to quit the Burger life few times and back to nasi lemak life. But it was not a good time to quit because the demand on nasi lemak was limited at the moment, so I was told by myself and leaders, give myself time and wait…

Life goes and time passed by…I was changed from leader to another leader, quarter to quarter…KAM SIA GOD, BOH BI, I was guided under good leader, nice college and good environment of work. Learn from where the place we felt down. Here were the few words I learned and always beared in mind most of the time from people around me…

“As a Burger seller, we are striker! Not defender! Not midfieder! Strike and attack more goals until opponent nets broke!!!”

“Fight for numbers, as a Burger Seller, numbers is everything, fight for numbers and numbers speaks everything for a Burger Seller!!!”

“Any complaint from customer? Passed it to customer care…Any wrong delivery of Burger? Passed it to customer care…Any non market value issue? Passed to customer care…” hehe…

And now, I was able to feel on what is the feeling of office working life, working from 9-5, in front of computer most of the time of joting down the order of customer; the feel of Saturday and Sunday life that I was unable to feel while working as freelancer of cooking nasi lemak; and still to come, the feel of festival on big holidays, as I used to say, this coming chinese new year able to stay at house and wont be selling nasi lemak anymore as what I did in the last 3 years (sob~).
Working is meant of learn from time to time, many of issue still awaiting for me to discover and learn from time to time and there will not end. Selling burger is on how to let customer likes our burger and make them happy not only for good burger they ate, but still, let them felt happy after ate our American Burger. Serves the household customer was not the same with serving the big company customer whose ordered bulky of burger at one time and complicated burger orders deal. The face of burger seller in my department turn around very fast, the people around me was changed over 30-40% since the day I joined, I appreciates what I learned from peoples around me whose left on how to make a good burger, may be it was what we called an office life, switching from work to work to find a clear blue sky…

I unable to predict how will my Menu Of Life going to change in the next chapter changed, but I do appreciate on what I have now. Try my best in draws a rainbow in the next page of my resume in next page……..Cheers~~~

2 条评论:

  1. My dear burger seller, you have done a really good job in your role. you have achieve more than before in nasi lemak selling.
    You are improving from time to time bro, so keep persistance and yet do to figure out what should be your next chapter. Perhaps, sell your nasi lemak Internationaly? hehee...
    You ARE definitely TALENTED and FANTASTIC. Be CONFIDENT bro. *ang kong po pi* :D

    回复删除
  2. gambade ya burger seller.... u can do it... haha... every job also have difficulties wan... me as a burger girl also face the same... appreciate wat u have nw...its better than alot of other seller d...

    回复删除